Court Issues Prison Terms Ranging between 3 Months and 6 Years against 9 Defendants in "Ahrar Damistan" Case
2019-08-29 - 5:30 p
Bahrain Mirror: The Fourth High Criminal Court sentenced 9 defendants to prison terms ranging between 3 months and 6 years in a case known as "Ahrar Damistan".
The court sentenced the first defendant to six years in jail and fined him BD 100,000. Three defendants were sentenced to one year in prison and fined BD 2000 each. Four defendants received two-year jail terms and one was sentenced to three months.
The authorities claim that the suspects created and managed "Ahrar Damistan" account on Twitter and Instagram (it posts photos and videos of protests in Damistan). They also claim that the suspects belong to Al-Wafa'a Islamic Party and February 14 Coalition, adding that they receive and transfer money from unknown parties.
- 2021-08-04Appeals Court Upholds 2-Year Jail Verdict against Mohammad Al-Zayani
- 2021-04-17Only 3-Year Prison Term Handed Down to Three Bahrainis who Joined ISIS
- 2021-04-16Bahraini Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison, Charged with Throwing Molotov Cocktail at Police Car
- 2021-04-09Bahrain Court Fines 5 Members of Prisoners' Families 1,000 BD Each for Violating Ban on Gatherings
- 2020-11-19Sheikh Ibrahim Al-Ansari Receives 6-Month Jail Term over Religious Lecture