Bahraini Foreign Affairs Minister Supports Israeli Strikes in Iraq, Syria and Lebanon: It is Self-Defense
2019-08-27 - 7:37 p
Bahrain Mirror: Bahrain's Foreign Minister Khalid bin Ahmed Al Khalifa defended the Israeli strikes on Iraq, Syria, and Lebanon in recent days, dubbing them "Self-Defense".
On Twitter, Al Khalifa said: "Iran is the one who has declared a war on us, with its Revolutionary Guards, its Lebanese party, its Popular Mobilization Forces in Iraq, its Houthi arm in Yemen and others. So one who strikes and destroys the piles of their ammunition is not to be blamed. This is self-defense."
Activist Yousif Al-Khaja responded to Al Khalifa's tweet saying "believe me minister, if I wasn't sure that this is your account, I would have thought that it belongs to one of the Zionist officials," adding "it is shameful to support the Zionist strikes on Arab territories and justify it on behalf of the attacker."
Meanwhile, Ibrahim Sharif described the minister's words as "justification for the strike.." adding that "rivalry with Iran is well known, but describing the Zionist attack on Arab territories to increase Netanyahu's popularity before the elections as "self-defense" violates all norms and traditions and puts Bahrain in enmity with three sisterly Arab countries. How can an invader, a killer and invader of our Arab lands have the right to self-defense?"
- 2023-06-08Bahrain Stripped of FEI Endurance World Championship Title After Tribunal Decision
- 2023-06-06British MP Charged with Racially Aggravated Public Order Offence
- 2023-06-05Sheikh Al-Daihi: No One can Silence Bahraini People's Voice with Imprisonment, Torture and Killing
- 2023-06-05Friday Sermons at Imam Al-Sadiq Mosque Contains "Legal Violations", Justice Ministry Claims
- 2023-06-05Saudi Arabia Executes 3 Youths from Qatif over Fabricated Charges