Al-Wefaq Demands that Former MP Osama Al-Tamimi Receives Treatment to Save his Life
2019-08-22 - 4:33 p
Bahrain Mirror: The Al-Wefaq National Islamic Society demanded that former MP Osama Al-Tamimi, who is detained by the Bahraini regime, receives the necessary treatment to save his life.
The society said in a statement on Wednesday (August 21, 2019) that Al-Tamimi has been subjected to a lot of harassment and assaults in the past years due to his stances regarding his support for freedom causes and concerns of citizens.
It stressed that the regime breaks all human boundaries in dealing with its opponents, who are the majority of the Bahraini people, including women, children, the sick and those affected by its economic, social and security policies and in all aspects of life.
Al-Wefaq concluded by asserting that there are thousands of political detainees who are subjected to all kinds of torture and repression, which reflects the troubled and divided political situation in Bahrain.
- 2023-04-01Amnesty's 2022 Annual Report: Bahrain Continues to Restrict Freedom of expression, Hold Prisoners and Torture Them
- 2023-04-01Cassation Court Hands Down One Month Jail Term to Citizen over "Insulting Public Employee"
- 2023-04-01Bahrain Buys US Weapons, Military Equipment Worth $350 Million amid High Public Debt, Taxes Hike
- 2023-03-29British MPs Launch Motion to Release Detained Figures in Bahrain on their 12th Anniversary of their Imprisonment
- 2023-03-29Bahrain Summons Iraqi Charge d'affaires over Breaching Diplomatic Norms