NIHR Says "Some" Demands of Prisoners on Hunger Strike "Legitimate"
2019-08-21 - 5:19 p
Bahrain Mirror: Maria Khoury, Chairperson of National Institution for Human Rights (NIHR), said that a delegation from the institution visited the prisoners on hunger strike in Jaw Prison, adding that some of their demands are "legitimate".
She added that the NIHR reported the demands of prisoners to the prison administration.
Khoury claimed that the prisoners are receiving full medical care and that "there is careful follow-up of the situation of the hunger strikers". She also denied what is being circulated by the prisoners themselves regarding the isolation building and solitary confinement.
- 2023-06-01Protests in Manama after Execution of Bahrainis Sadiq Thamer and Jaafar Sultan at Hands of Saudi Authorities
- 2023-05-30Authorities Summon Head of Sanabis Ma'atam for Interrogation over Enthusiastic Reception of Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour
- 2023-05-30Amnesty: Sultan and Thamer Faced "Grossly Unfair" Trial
- 2023-05-30Ayatollah Sheikh Isa Qassim Offers Condolences to Parents of Executed Martyrs
- 2023-05-30On Way to Jaw Prison: Conversation with Martyr Ahmad Asfour Narrated by Sheikh Ali Salman's Wife