King Hamad Announces His Country's Participation in Military Mission to Guarantee Maritime Navigation Freedom in Gulf
2019-08-20 - 5:05 p
Bahrain Mirror: King of Bahrain Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa announced his country's participation in a military mission to guarantee the freedom of maritime navigation in the Gulf region.
During his visit to the Naval Support Activity headquarters in Bahrain, in the presence of US Ambassador Justin Hicks Siberell, Hamad bin Isa praised "their [Naval Support Activity] important participation in guaranteeing the freedom of international maritime navigation and combatting piracy in the region.
According to Bahrain News Agency, Minister for Defence Affairs Abdullah Bin Hassan Al-Nuaimi, Chief-of-Staff Dhiyab Bin Saqr Al-Nuaimi, Commander of the US 5th fleet James Malloy, Commander of British Royal Navy Dean Basset, and Commander of the Royal Bahrain Naval Force were present.
King Hamad also visited headquarters of the US 5th fleet in Bahrain.
- 2023-04-01Amnesty's 2022 Annual Report: Bahrain Continues to Restrict Freedom of expression, Hold Prisoners and Torture Them
- 2023-04-01Cassation Court Hands Down One Month Jail Term to Citizen over "Insulting Public Employee"
- 2023-04-01Bahrain Buys US Weapons, Military Equipment Worth $350 Million amid High Public Debt, Taxes Hike
- 2023-03-29British MPs Launch Motion to Release Detained Figures in Bahrain on their 12th Anniversary of their Imprisonment
- 2023-03-29Bahrain Summons Iraqi Charge d'affaires over Breaching Diplomatic Norms