After Preventing him from Traveling, Subpoena from Al-Houra Police Station Demanding Al-Tamimi to Attend
2019-08-17 - 3:32 p
Bahrain Mirror: A force affiliated with the Interior Ministry wearing civilian clothes handed in a subpoena to former MP's house Osama Al-Tamimi demanding him to attend tomorrow morning (Sunday, August 18, 2019) at 8:00 a.m.
Human rights activist Ibtisam Al-Saegh said that the police handed in the subpoena with a verbal threat to raid the house in case he doesn't attend. Meanwhile, Al-Tamimi was in a private clinic due to a nose bleeding.
Al-Tamimi suffered a brain stroke few days ago after he was arbitrarily arrested from his house. He was released later.
Al-Tamimi attempted to leave the country to receive treatment, however, he was surprised that he is banned from traveling, without knowing the reason.
- 2023-04-01Amnesty's 2022 Annual Report: Bahrain Continues to Restrict Freedom of expression, Hold Prisoners and Torture Them
- 2023-04-01Cassation Court Hands Down One Month Jail Term to Citizen over "Insulting Public Employee"
- 2023-04-01Bahrain Buys US Weapons, Military Equipment Worth $350 Million amid High Public Debt, Taxes Hike
- 2023-03-29British MPs Launch Motion to Release Detained Figures in Bahrain on their 12th Anniversary of their Imprisonment
- 2023-03-29Bahrain Summons Iraqi Charge d'affaires over Breaching Diplomatic Norms