MoI Claims that Former MP Osama Al-Tamimi Wanted in Forgery Case One Month after Resorting to US Embassy
2019-08-08 - 4:50 p
Bahrain Mirror: The Ministry of Interior said that the arrest of former MP Osama Al-Tamimi came pursuant to an arrest warrant issued by the Public Prosecution over a forgery case, more than one month after he resorted to the US Embassy to demand protection.
The General Directorate of Criminal Investigation and Forensic Science in the Interior Ministry said "in accordance with the arrest warrant issued by the Public Prosecution, a former deputy was arrested in a forgery case."
Forces from the interior ministry surrounded Al-Tamimi's house before raiding it to arrest him.
MP Al-Tamimi resorted to the US Embassy on Saturday (June 15, 2019) to demand protection, however, the embassy rejected his request after security pledges not to expose to him.
- 2023-03-19Bahrain Almost Ignited Crisis with Cyprus by Raising Flag of Cypriot Territory occupied by Turkey in IPU Meetings
- 2023-03-17Sarhan: Families of 138 Detained Children Complains about Delay in Applying Article 87 of Restorative Justice for Children
- 2023-03-17Bahrain Ignores Danish Delegation Request to IPU to Visit Abdulhadi Al-Khawaja
- 2023-03-17Detainee Serving Life Term Sentence Calls on Int’l Monitors to Visit Prisons
- 2023-03-17ADHRB to UN: What are Your Steps to Hold Bahrain Accountable for Spying on Dissidents?