Former MP Al-Tamimi Arrested after His House Surrounded and Raided
2019-08-07 - 5:34 p
Bahrain Mirror: Human rights activist Ibtisam Al-Saegh reported from people close to former MP Osama Al-Tamimi their confirmation that forces from the interior ministry arrested him after surrounding his house yesterday night (August 6, 2019).
Information said that forces from the interior ministry raided Al-Tamimi's house after breaking the door.
The family expressed its concern over his fate, indicating that it "doesn't know the reason behind his violent arrest".
MP Al-Tamimi resorted to the US Embassy on Saturday (June 15, 2019) to demand protection.
He submitted a request to take him out of Bahrain fearing for his life and his family members' lives, however, the embassy rejected his request.
- 2023-04-01Amnesty's 2022 Annual Report: Bahrain Continues to Restrict Freedom of expression, Hold Prisoners and Torture Them
- 2023-04-01Cassation Court Hands Down One Month Jail Term to Citizen over "Insulting Public Employee"
- 2023-04-01Bahrain Buys US Weapons, Military Equipment Worth $350 Million amid High Public Debt, Taxes Hike
- 2023-03-29British MPs Launch Motion to Release Detained Figures in Bahrain on their 12th Anniversary of their Imprisonment
- 2023-03-29Bahrain Summons Iraqi Charge d'affaires over Breaching Diplomatic Norms