Bahraini Interior Minister Accuses Qatar of Targeting Sunnis of his Country
2019-08-05 - 5:23 p
Bahrain Mirror: Bahrain Interior Minister Rashid bin Abdullah Al Khalifa reiterated his country's accusations to Iran and Qatar of "promoting chaos" in Bahrain which has been witnessing protests demanding political reform since 8 years.
He added in an interview with the Saudi "Al-Hayat" newspaper that "Qatari and Iranian conspiracies to subvert national unity and spark chaos are doomed to failure."
"If Iran targeted Shia sect, then Qatar has targeted both the Sunni and Shia sects," he said.
A committee assigned by the king denied Iran's interference in Bahrain's internal affairs.
The opposition is demanding putting an end to Al Khalifa monopoly over power. However, Al Khalifa family confronted these demands with a security campaign with the help of Saudi and Emirati forces.
- 2023-06-02Ayatollah Qassim on Martyrs Sultan and Thamer: There are Great Heroes among Bahrain's People, Only Known after Martyrdom
- 2023-06-02Families of Martyrs Sultan and Thamer Demand Help of Bahraini Gov't to Return their Bodies from Saudi Arabia for Burial
- 2023-06-02Abdulwahab Hussein on Execution of Sultan and Thamer: We'll Neither Give Up Nor Retreat
- 2023-06-01Protests in Manama after Execution of Bahrainis Sadiq Thamer and Jaafar Sultan at Hands of Saudi Authorities
- 2023-05-30Authorities Summon Head of Sanabis Ma'atam for Interrogation over Enthusiastic Reception of Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour