NAO Starts Investigation Electricity Billing Mechanism
2019-08-01 - 5:02 p
Bahrain Mirror: The National Audit Office started establishing a working group to implement the order of Crown Prince, Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa, which directed to investigate the electricity and water bills of all citizens.
The Crown Prince had directed the National Audit Office to investigate the electricity and water bills of Bahraini citizens at their primary residence (single account), as well as individuals and establishments, in order to ensure that there are no technical and procedural deficiencies in the water and electricity billing mechanisms. This came after complaints from citizens about abnormal increases in their bills.
- 2023-04-01Amnesty's 2022 Annual Report: Bahrain Continues to Restrict Freedom of expression, Hold Prisoners and Torture Them
- 2023-04-01Cassation Court Hands Down One Month Jail Term to Citizen over "Insulting Public Employee"
- 2023-04-01Bahrain Buys US Weapons, Military Equipment Worth $350 Million amid High Public Debt, Taxes Hike
- 2023-03-29British MPs Launch Motion to Release Detained Figures in Bahrain on their 12th Anniversary of their Imprisonment
- 2023-03-29Bahrain Summons Iraqi Charge d'affaires over Breaching Diplomatic Norms