Author Ibrahim Al-Sheikh Says Orders Made to Stop him from Writing in Akhbar Al-Khaleej
2019-07-23 - 4:50 p
Bahrain Mirror: Page of Bahraini journalist author Ibrahim Al-Sheikh on Twitter indicates that his ban to write didn't come from Akhbar Al-Khaleej.
The author didn't mention the party that prevented him from writing in the newspaper.
Al-Sheikh was arrested last April after he criticized covering war on Yemen and giving false impression of the military superiority of the Saudi-led coalition.
The public and journalistic freedoms in Bahrain have declined dramatically since the authorities crushed the opposition protest in the Pearl [Lualua] Roundabout in 2011. The government is being criticized by states and human rights organizations.
- 2023-03-20Abdulwahab Hussein Calls for Dedicating Day to Prisoners to be Commemorated Annually
- 2023-03-19Bahrain Almost Ignited Crisis with Cyprus by Raising Flag of Cypriot Territory occupied by Turkey in IPU Meetings
- 2023-03-17Sarhan: Families of 138 Detained Children Complains about Delay in Applying Article 87 of Restorative Justice for Children
- 2023-03-17Bahrain Ignores Danish Delegation Request to IPU to Visit Abdulhadi Al-Khawaja
- 2023-03-17Detainee Serving Life Term Sentence Calls on Int’l Monitors to Visit Prisons