Detainee Hussein Al-Sehlawi Held in Isolation, Denied Treatment: HR Activist
2019-07-23 - 4:31 p
Bahrain Mirror: Detainee Hussein Al-Sehlawi is suffering from "persecution" as he is denied his right to treatment, human rights activist Ibtisam Al-Saegh said. She added that he is not allowed to contact prisoners and is held in solitary confinement.
Al-Sehlawi's mother said that her son suffers from ill-treatment, restrictions, isolation and intimidation, Al-Saegh reported.
The authorities attacked prisoners in building 13 after they protested against water cut off and number of other restrictive measures. Thus, the prison administration transferred 5 of the detainees to solitary confinement, including Al-Sehlawhi, as a punishment.
Bahrain's prison administration is taking retaliatory steps against political prisoners aiming at humiliating them, while there is no serious mechanism by the king's appointed judicial authorities to hold perpetrators accountable.
- 2023-06-08Bahrain Stripped of FEI Endurance World Championship Title After Tribunal Decision
- 2023-06-06British MP Charged with Racially Aggravated Public Order Offence
- 2023-06-05Sheikh Al-Daihi: No One can Silence Bahraini People's Voice with Imprisonment, Torture and Killing
- 2023-06-05Friday Sermons at Imam Al-Sadiq Mosque Contains "Legal Violations", Justice Ministry Claims
- 2023-06-05Saudi Arabia Executes 3 Youths from Qatif over Fabricated Charges