Jared Kushner Returns to Middle East Later this Month
2019-07-22 - 9:00 p
Bahrain Mirror (Exclusive): Jared Kushner, son-in-law and senior advisor to President Donald Trump, will return to the Middle East later this month to discuss the Trump administration's forthcoming Israeli-Palestinian peace plan, a senior US official told The Times of Israel.
The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said the purpose of the trip is to "continue on the momentum that was created at the workshop in Bahrain and finalize the economic portion of the plan."
The official did not give details on an itinerary for Kushner, but on previous trips he has visited Israel as well as Saudi Arabia and Jordan.
Kushner will be accompanied by White House advisor Jason Greenblatt and U.S. envoy for Iran Brian Hook, the official said.
The trip will come around a month after Kushner convened an economic workshop in Bahrain to activate the faltering Palestinian economy. The plan included a $50 billion of international investments in the Palestinian territories and nearby Arab states over 10 years.
Palestinians boycott the conference and accused Trump's administration of using the economic pretest to impose specific political solutions.
Kushner's trip comes amid heightened tensions between Tehran and Washington.
- 2023-06-02Families of Martyrs Sultan and Thamer Demand Help of Bahraini Gov't to Return their Bodies from Saudi Arabia for Burial
- 2023-06-02Abdulwahab Hussein on Execution of Sultan and Thamer: We'll Neither Give Up Nor Retreat
- 2023-06-01Protests in Manama after Execution of Bahrainis Sadiq Thamer and Jaafar Sultan at Hands of Saudi Authorities
- 2023-05-30Authorities Summon Head of Sanabis Ma'atam for Interrogation over Enthusiastic Reception of Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour
- 2023-05-30Amnesty: Sultan and Thamer Faced "Grossly Unfair" Trial