U.S. Military Says it Took Defensive Action against Drone in Strait of Hormuz
2019-07-19 - 4:46 p
Bahrain Mirror- Reuters: The Pentagon said on Thursday that the USS Boxer took defensive action against a drone after it came within a "threatening range" in the Strait of Hormuz.
"A fixed wing unmanned aerial system (UAS) approached Boxer and closed within a threatening range," Pentagon spokesman Jonathan Hoffman said in a statement, which did not say to whom the drone belonged.
Hoffman said the incident took place about 10 a.m. local time as the Boxer was transiting into the Strait of Hormuz.
"The ship took defensive action against the UAS to ensure the safety of the ship and its crew," he added.
- 2022-07-07Israel Reaches Record Trade Increase With Arab States Under Abraham Accords
- 2022-06-10Israeli PM Bennett Visits Abu Dhabi, Meets with UAE President
- 2022-06-10Israelis to be Allowed into Qatar for World Cup, Officials Say
- 2022-06-06Biden should not Visit Saudi, Meet Crown Prince: US Lawmaker Adam Schiff
- 2022-06-01Israel Signs UAE Free Trade Deal, Its First in Arab World