Court Issues 6-Month Jail Term against Defendant, 2-Month against 2 Others in Case of Distributing Publications in Al-Malikiya
2019-07-18 - 6:02 p
Bahrain Mirror: The High Criminal Court sentenced a defendant to 6 months in jail in case of distributing political publications in several languages calling for disobedience and closing of shops in Al-Malikiya.
The court also sentenced the second and third defendants to 2 months in jail over charge of acquiring the publications, and acquitted the last two defendants.
The authorities say that they received a notice stating that 3 masked people distributed publications calling for closing the shops in Al-Malikiya. The forces headed to the scene and arrested the suspects. The seized publications were written in several languages with 14th February Coalition logo.
- 2021-08-04Appeals Court Upholds 2-Year Jail Verdict against Mohammad Al-Zayani
- 2021-04-17Only 3-Year Prison Term Handed Down to Three Bahrainis who Joined ISIS
- 2021-04-16Bahraini Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison, Charged with Throwing Molotov Cocktail at Police Car
- 2021-04-09Bahrain Court Fines 5 Members of Prisoners' Families 1,000 BD Each for Violating Ban on Gatherings
- 2020-11-19Sheikh Ibrahim Al-Ansari Receives 6-Month Jail Term over Religious Lecture