Shiite Cleric Receives One-Year Jail Term over Charge of Defaming the Caliphs
2019-07-10 - 3:43 p
Bahrain Mirror: The Fourth Minor Criminal Court sentenced a Shiite cleric to one year in jail over "defaming" the Caliphs and the companions of Prophet Mohammed (PBUH).
The Public Prosecution said that the defendant delivered a sermon "in a house of worship, in which he defamed the Caliphs and the companions of the Prophet (PBUH) in front of a large crowd of people" without giving further details.
- 2021-08-04Appeals Court Upholds 2-Year Jail Verdict against Mohammad Al-Zayani
- 2021-04-17Only 3-Year Prison Term Handed Down to Three Bahrainis who Joined ISIS
- 2021-04-16Bahraini Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison, Charged with Throwing Molotov Cocktail at Police Car
- 2021-04-09Bahrain Court Fines 5 Members of Prisoners' Families 1,000 BD Each for Violating Ban on Gatherings
- 2020-11-19Sheikh Ibrahim Al-Ansari Receives 6-Month Jail Term over Religious Lecture