Kuwait: Appeals Upholds 5-Year Jail Verdict against S-G of Islamic Alliance Shiekh Hussein Al-Maatouk
2019-07-09 - 5:04 p
Bahrain Mirror: The Kuwaiti Appeals Court upheld a 5-year jail term against the secretary-general of the Islamic Alliance Sheikh Hussein Al-Maatouk in case of "covering up for the defendants of the Abdali cell [case]".
The court sentenced Hashem Fadhel, Sheikh Al-Maatouk's assistant, to 5 years in prison, but halted the trial of 3 others until the verdict is issued in absentia against them. The court sentenced one of the defendants to 6 months in jail and another one to 3 months. Meanwhile, it acquitted 6.
The first-instance court had sentenced Sheikh Hussein Al-Maatouk and his assistant to 5 years in prison with labor and placing them under police supervision for 5 years after the completion of the sentence. The court also sentenced the defendants from the third to the thirteenth to one year imprisonment and exempted the 14th defendant from punishment.
- 2023-03-22Interior Minister Says "Open Prison" Stage will Begin in Ramadan
- 2023-03-22Finance Ministry: Bahrain's Public Debt Amounts to BD16.7 Billion
- 2023-03-20Abdulwahab Hussein Calls for Dedicating Day to Prisoners to be Commemorated Annually
- 2023-03-19Bahrain Almost Ignited Crisis with Cyprus by Raising Flag of Cypriot Territory occupied by Turkey in IPU Meetings
- 2023-03-17Sarhan: Families of 138 Detained Children Complains about Delay in Applying Article 87 of Restorative Justice for Children