Yousif Al-Muhafda in Dublin University: Bahraini Judiciary Takes Part in Torture Policy
2019-06-27 - 4:04 p
Bahrain Mirror: Vice President of Salam organization Yousif Al-Muhafda said on Wednesday (June 25, 2019) that the judiciary takes part in the vast torture policy in Bahrain.
Al-Muhafda said during a symposium in the Irish capital, Dublin, that the court ignores torture complaints of victims at hands of security forces during detention or at hands of public prosecution.
He stressed that the judges ignored the torture claims, harassment and sexual assault reported by the defendants or their lawyers.
Al-Mufahda said that the authorities in Bahrain practice widespread torture without deterrence, noting that the national security agency urges victims to tell society that they were tortured and sexually assaulted for the purpose of intimidating others.
Despite international calls, nothing indicates that the authorities in Bahrain are working to put an end to the systematic torture or impunity policies or stopping the humiliation of victims, he stressed.
- 2023-06-08Bahrain Stripped of FEI Endurance World Championship Title After Tribunal Decision
- 2023-06-06British MP Charged with Racially Aggravated Public Order Offence
- 2023-06-05Sheikh Al-Daihi: No One can Silence Bahraini People's Voice with Imprisonment, Torture and Killing
- 2023-06-05Friday Sermons at Imam Al-Sadiq Mosque Contains "Legal Violations", Justice Ministry Claims
- 2023-06-05Saudi Arabia Executes 3 Youths from Qatif over Fabricated Charges