U.S. House Speaker Pelosi Says She is glad Trump Called off Iran Strikes
2019-06-22 - 2:09 p
Bahrain Mirror- Reuters: U.S. House of Representatives' Speaker Nancy Pelosi said on Friday she was glad that President Donald Trump called off planned military strikes on Iranian targets, saying the collateral damage would have been "very provocative."
"A strike of that amount of collateral damage would be very provocative, and I'm glad the president did not take that," Pelosi told reporters, reiterating her demand that Trump seek congressional authorization before any military action against Tehran.
"We think there are many options that are not what they call ‘kinetic' ... that might be more useful," she said.
- 2022-07-07Israel Reaches Record Trade Increase With Arab States Under Abraham Accords
- 2022-06-10Israeli PM Bennett Visits Abu Dhabi, Meets with UAE President
- 2022-06-10Israelis to be Allowed into Qatar for World Cup, Officials Say
- 2022-06-06Biden should not Visit Saudi, Meet Crown Prince: US Lawmaker Adam Schiff
- 2022-06-01Israel Signs UAE Free Trade Deal, Its First in Arab World