Appeals Court Upholds Sentences Reaching Life Term, Citizenship Revocation against 5 Defendants in Political Case
2019-06-19 - 5:13 p
Bahrain Mirror: The Appeals Criminal Court upheld verdicts against 5 defendants in a political case. It upheld a life jail sentence against an appellant out of 7, 10-year jail term against 2, 5 year-jail term against a female suspect and 3-year jail term against the last one, as well as their citizenship revocation.
The authorities claim that the first and second suspects (outside Bahrain) recruited the rest of the suspects, trained them in camps in Iraq and provided them with money to target the police.
- 2021-08-04Appeals Court Upholds 2-Year Jail Verdict against Mohammad Al-Zayani
- 2021-04-17Only 3-Year Prison Term Handed Down to Three Bahrainis who Joined ISIS
- 2021-04-16Bahraini Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison, Charged with Throwing Molotov Cocktail at Police Car
- 2021-04-09Bahrain Court Fines 5 Members of Prisoners' Families 1,000 BD Each for Violating Ban on Gatherings
- 2020-11-19Sheikh Ibrahim Al-Ansari Receives 6-Month Jail Term over Religious Lecture