Protest in Ramallah Denounces Bahrain Conference Held to Pave Way for Deal of Century
2019-06-16 - 6:09 p
Bahrain Mirror: Dozens of Palestinians took part in a demonstration in the city of Ramallah on June 16, 2019 to protest an economic workshop organized by the United States in Bahrain as part of a comprehensive plan "to achieve peace between the Palestinians and Israel".
Protestors, including a number of Palestinian officials, shouted a number of slogans. "We will not replace independence with projects and money" was one of the slogans used in the demonstration.
Participants in the demonstration marched in a number of streets across Ramallah waving Palestinian flags and banners reading "Bahrain's workshop is treachery and everyone involved is a traitor."
"We call on the state of Bahrain not to hold this conference on its territory and call on the brotherly Arab countries not to participate in this play and conspiracy aimed at passing the deal of the century," said Bishop Atallah Hanna, Archbishop of Sebastia from the Greek Orthodox Patriarchate of Jerusalem, in a speech delivered before protestors.
Within the framework of events protesting the Bahrain conference, Fatah party announced the organization of rallies across the West Bank on Monday, also announcing a complete strike on Tuesday.
The Palestinian leadership demands that Arab countries not participate in the economic conference, which has been called by the US administration to be held at the end of this month to discuss the economic aspect of a plan that is has been worked on for two years to alledgely establish peace between the Palestinians and Israel.
- 2023-06-08Bahrain Stripped of FEI Endurance World Championship Title After Tribunal Decision
- 2023-06-06British MP Charged with Racially Aggravated Public Order Offence
- 2023-06-05Sheikh Al-Daihi: No One can Silence Bahraini People's Voice with Imprisonment, Torture and Killing
- 2023-06-05Friday Sermons at Imam Al-Sadiq Mosque Contains "Legal Violations", Justice Ministry Claims
- 2023-06-05Saudi Arabia Executes 3 Youths from Qatif over Fabricated Charges
comments powered by Disqus