Iraq will Skip Bahrain's Workshop
2019-06-13 - 5:41 p
Bahrain Mirror:Iraq said on Wednesday that it would not attend the US-led economic workshop to be held in Bahrain this month.
"We are not interested in this conference and we will not participate in it," Iraqi Foreign Ministry spokesman Ahmad Al-Sahaf told Turkey's state-run Anadolu news agency. "Iraq is sticking by its firm and principled position regarding the Palestinian issue and the rights of the Palestinian people."
An economic workshop in the Bahraini capital of Manama will be held on June 25 and 26. The workshop will discuss the economic aspects of the US peace project, known as "Deal of the Century".
A senior White House official said Tuesday that Jordan, Egypt and Morocco confirmed their attendance.
The workshop is officially rejected by the Palestinian leadership and Palestinian and Islamic factions, as the deal is said to force the Palestinians to make major concessions to Israel.
- 2023-05-27Sheikh Ali Rahma: Scholars Don't Intend to Harass Anyone When Performing their Legitimate Duty
- 2023-05-27Palestinian Prisoners Information Office Pays Tribute to Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour
- 2023-05-27900 Unemployed Bahraini Engineers, Gov't Still Refuses Bahrainization of Jobs
- 2023-05-27Diraz: Mass Protest after Friday Prayer Condemning Sheikh Sanqour's Arrest, Normalization with Zionists
- 2023-05-25Four Detained Scholars Including Al-Wefaq Secretary-General: Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour's Arrest Aims at Silencing Voice of Truth