6 Defendants Receive 3-Year Prison Term over Assembling in Diraz
2019-05-31 - 7:48 am
Bahrain Mirror: The High Appeals Criminal Court commuted the sentences of 6 appellants in assembling case in Diraz and detonating a bomb in 2014 near a barber shop.
The court issued 3-year prison terms instead of 5 against 3 appellants and upheld the rest of sentences after the first-instance court convicted 29 defendants and acquitted one. It issued a life sentence against 8 over detonating a bomb and revoked the citizenship of the first suspect, sentencing him to 15 years in prison. Meanwhile, 20 defendants were sentenced to 5 years in prison, one of whom was fined 3000 BD.
- 2021-08-04Appeals Court Upholds 2-Year Jail Verdict against Mohammad Al-Zayani
- 2021-04-17Only 3-Year Prison Term Handed Down to Three Bahrainis who Joined ISIS
- 2021-04-16Bahraini Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison, Charged with Throwing Molotov Cocktail at Police Car
- 2021-04-09Bahrain Court Fines 5 Members of Prisoners' Families 1,000 BD Each for Violating Ban on Gatherings
- 2020-11-19Sheikh Ibrahim Al-Ansari Receives 6-Month Jail Term over Religious Lecture