Nationalist Assembly Calls on Bahrain Gov’t to Back Down from Hosting 1st Conference of “Deal of the Century”
2019-05-21 - 12:04 am
Bahrain Mirror: The Nationalist Democratic Assembly announced its opposition to all steps and forms of normalization with the Zionist entity, and its rejection of the economic workshop "Peace for Prosperity" to be held in Bahrain.
On Monday, May 20, 2019, the Assembly issued a statement calling on the government to immediately reverse this step, asking the King of Bahrain "to intervene to preserve the bright record of Bahrain's political and popular history in advocating the Palestinian cause and not stain the official Bahraini position with a sin that future generations would bear as well."
"The Bahraini government's adoption of such a workshop, with its serious repercussions, goes beyond the issue of normalization with the Zionist entity, which took various forms in the past period, the most recent of which was the Entrepreneurship Conference, as it represents in actuality this time involvement with the US administration in its efforts to promote a project aimed at eliminating the Palestinian cause."
The statement further read that "it is a very dangerous step that stands against the full popular, political and national consensus in championing the Palestinian cause, and violates all the national and nationalist values and principles that have been rooted in the heart and conscience of the Bahraini people towards the Palestinian issue."
- 2023-03-29British MPs Launch Motion to Release Detained Figures in Bahrain on their 12th Anniversary of their Imprisonment
- 2023-03-29Bahrain Summons Iraqi Charge d'affaires over Breaching Diplomatic Norms
- 2023-03-29Saudi Ambassador Hosts his Iranian Counterpart to Iftar Banquet
- 2023-03-29Saudi Crown Prince, Chinese President Stress "Importance of Strategic Relations with Iran"
- 2023-03-29Bahraini Delegation to Visit Iran as Part of Diplomatic Efforts to Strengthen Relations
comments powered by Disqus