Court Upholds Jail Terms against Al-Dossari and Al-Araibi in Case of Receiving Money from Qatar
2019-05-28 - 8:27 p
Bahrain Mirror: The High Appeals Criminal Court upheld the jail terms issued against Waheed Al-Dossari and Hasan Al-Araibi in case of receiving money from a former Qatari MP Abdullah bin Khalid Al Thani to run for elections.
The first instance court had sentenced Waheed Al-Dossari and Hasan Al-Araibi to 5 and 3 years in jail after accusing them of receiving money from a former Qatari MP. Meanwhile, the two were acquitted of colluding with Qatar charge.
The Public Prosecution said that it reached through investigations that while returning home, the two suspects had cash money exceeding 12000 BD and 5000 Qatari Riyal without informing the customs about the amount. Meanwhile, their bank accounts revealed receiving money from outside Bahrain amounting to 235 thousand and 804 BD.
- 2021-08-04Appeals Court Upholds 2-Year Jail Verdict against Mohammad Al-Zayani
- 2021-04-17Only 3-Year Prison Term Handed Down to Three Bahrainis who Joined ISIS
- 2021-04-16Bahraini Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison, Charged with Throwing Molotov Cocktail at Police Car
- 2021-04-09Bahrain Court Fines 5 Members of Prisoners' Families 1,000 BD Each for Violating Ban on Gatherings
- 2020-11-19Sheikh Ibrahim Al-Ansari Receives 6-Month Jail Term over Religious Lecture