MoI Accuses Sayed Al-Ghuraifi of Showing Sympathy for Terrorism
2019-05-13 - 7:55 am
Bahrain Mirror: The Bahraini Ministry of Interior accused Sayed Abdullah Al-Ghuraifi, the highest religious authority of Shiites in Bahrain, of showing sympathy for terrorist acts.
"It was noticeable that the sermons of Abdullah Al-Ghuraifi did not condemn terrorist acts. On the contrary, he showed sympathy for them and accepted them even as [these acts] targeted policemen, killing 22 of them and injuring 4,000, besides attacking vital targets," the ministry's statement read.
"Bahrain of the future requires stands, voices and pens that assume their national responsibility and not biased voices that try to justify unlawful acts and do not respect national interests and their national and Arab identity," it stressed.
The statement added "the national interest requires everyone to assume his responsibility by playing a vital role in supporting the efforts to promote stability in order to protect the nation and maintain peace."
In the same context, the Salafist Al-Asalah society, Al-Menbar Islamic Society, National Unity Assembly and Bahrain Journalists Association issued statements attacking the MPs who visited Al-Ghuraifi last Wednesday.
Bahrain has recently witnessed condemnations over a visit made by MPs to Al-Ghuraifi who had already met the Prime Minister Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa on onset of May.
During his visit to Sayed Al-Ghuraifi's home, the PM said "Bahraini society will always remain immune against all plots to incite sedition and division," BNA reported.
The visit by the Prime Minister to Al-Ghuraifi was in response to the visit by the religious scholar to offer condolences to the PM and part of the regular visits conducted by the PM to various segments of the Bahrain society, the Court of the Prime Minister stated two days after the visit.
- 2023-03-29British MPs Launch Motion to Release Detained Figures in Bahrain on their 12th Anniversary of their Imprisonment
- 2023-03-29Bahrain Summons Iraqi Charge d'affaires over Breaching Diplomatic Norms
- 2023-03-29Saudi Ambassador Hosts his Iranian Counterpart to Iftar Banquet
- 2023-03-29Saudi Crown Prince, Chinese President Stress "Importance of Strategic Relations with Iran"
- 2023-03-29Bahraini Delegation to Visit Iran as Part of Diplomatic Efforts to Strengthen Relations