Family of Deceased Inmate Received Phone Call from Him One Hour before his Death
2019-05-10 - 9:31 p
Bahrain Mirror: A human rights activist revealed that the family of convict Hussein Ali Nehme (45 years) who passed away in Jaw prison received a call from him one hour before he died.
Activist Ibtisam Al-Saegh said that Nehme complained in the phone call from "ill-treatment, restrictions, and difficulty in obtaining medical care."
She explained that this was the last call from Nehme to his family at 3 p.m. and that the family received a phone call from the inmates in the same building one hour ago stating that he died.
"The family stressed that he didn't suffer from heart diseases or chronic diseases," Al-Saegh reported.
The deceased was sentenced to 3 years in jail and he served one year and two months of his term.
- 2023-06-08Bahrain Stripped of FEI Endurance World Championship Title After Tribunal Decision
- 2023-06-06British MP Charged with Racially Aggravated Public Order Offence
- 2023-06-05Sheikh Al-Daihi: No One can Silence Bahraini People's Voice with Imprisonment, Torture and Killing
- 2023-06-05Friday Sermons at Imam Al-Sadiq Mosque Contains "Legal Violations", Justice Ministry Claims
- 2023-06-05Saudi Arabia Executes 3 Youths from Qatif over Fabricated Charges