Court Upholds 15-Year Jail Term against Suspect in "Arms Warehouse" Case in Tubli
2019-05-08 - 3:55 p
Bahrain Mirror: The First High Criminal Appeals Court upheld a 15-year jail verdict against an appellant out of 12 suspects in "arms warehouse" case in Tubli and fined him 1000 BD.
The authorities claim that the 12 suspects acquired 12 Kalashnikovs with their silencers and 3050 rounds, 5 pistols with their silencers and started manufacturing explosives.
The first-instance court had sentenced 11 suspects to 15 years in jail and sentenced the 12th suspect to 5 years.
Human rights organizations say that the suspects were tortured to say confessions that were used as main evidence to incriminate and imprison them.
- 2021-08-04Appeals Court Upholds 2-Year Jail Verdict against Mohammad Al-Zayani
- 2021-04-17Only 3-Year Prison Term Handed Down to Three Bahrainis who Joined ISIS
- 2021-04-16Bahraini Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison, Charged with Throwing Molotov Cocktail at Police Car
- 2021-04-09Bahrain Court Fines 5 Members of Prisoners' Families 1,000 BD Each for Violating Ban on Gatherings
- 2020-11-19Sheikh Ibrahim Al-Ansari Receives 6-Month Jail Term over Religious Lecture