11 Citizens Arrested Earlier Today from Abu Saiba
2019-04-24 - 5:24 p
Bahrain Mirror (Exclusive): A vast security campaign led to the arrest of 11 citizens from Abu Saiba village after the raid of dozens of houses in Abu Saiba and Al-Shakhoura.
Activists said that the authorities arrested today (April 24, 2019) at dawn each of "Sayed Ahmed Sayed Mostafa, Sayed Ali Sayed Mostafa, Ali Salman Dawoud, Ali Jawad, Jassim Abbas, Sayed Jaafar Saleh, Jaafar Ali Yousif, Sayed Mortada Sayed Mostafa, Sayed Ali Adnan, Sayed Mahmoud Saeed and Ali Yaackoub" from Abu Saiba village.
The authorities have been continuously carring out illegal raid campaigns since 2011 which lead to the arrest of dozens of citizens who are forced to say confessions under duress that incriminate them later, human rights organizations confirm.
- 2023-03-24Gov't to Refer General Budget to House of Representatives on Monday: Sources
- 2023-03-24On Int'l Day for the Right to the Truth, Salam Demands Revealing Violations
- 2023-03-24US State Department on HR Conditions in Bahrain: Ongoing Torture, Discrimination against Shiites
- 2023-03-23More than 30 Lawyers File Complaints to Prosecute Citizen under Pretext of "offending them"
- 2023-03-23NPRA Employee Sentenced to One Year in Jail for Disclosing Secrets and Photos of People