Health Insurance Plan Covers 60% of Private Medicine Treatment Cost, Citizens Pay the Rest: MP
2019-03-29 - 11:59 p
Bahrain Mirror: A member of the Finance and Economic Committee, MP Ahmed Al-Salloum, said that the health insurance project will be fully implemented by 2020, according to the what was stated by the Minister of Health Fa'iqa Al-Saleh during a meeting with the joint committee between the Shura and Representatives Council yesterday.
In a statement to Al-Ayyam newspaper, Al-Salloum said that the health insurance project will ensure that all Bahraini citizens are treated for various diseases and without a specific financial ceiling in government hospitals. As for private hospitals, the health insurance will cover 60% of the treatment cost while the citizen pays 40% of the cost of treatment.
He explained that the Minister has announced the willingness of her ministry to establish 6 health centers in addition to the ministry's direction towards the construction of a number of specialized hospitals in different governorates.
- 2023-04-01Amnesty's 2022 Annual Report: Bahrain Continues to Restrict Freedom of expression, Hold Prisoners and Torture Them
- 2023-04-01Cassation Court Hands Down One Month Jail Term to Citizen over "Insulting Public Employee"
- 2023-04-01Bahrain Buys US Weapons, Military Equipment Worth $350 Million amid High Public Debt, Taxes Hike
- 2023-03-29British MPs Launch Motion to Release Detained Figures in Bahrain on their 12th Anniversary of their Imprisonment
- 2023-03-29Bahrain Summons Iraqi Charge d'affaires over Breaching Diplomatic Norms
comments powered by Disqus