NIHR President Tells US Delegation: We didn't Observe Any Targeting against Any Sect in Bahrain
2019-03-29 - 8:53 p
Bahrain Mirror: The National Institution for Human Rights (NIHR)'s President Maria Khoury told the US Commission for International Religious Freedom (USCIRF)'s delegation that NIHR did not observe any discrimination against any sect or community on the basis of faith or creed.
This came as she received the delegation visiting Bahrain. Khoury said that religious freedom is not confined to places of worship or the practice of rituals, but extend to all the rights granted by the Kingdom's constitution and underscored in both universal rights conventions.
- 2023-03-29British MPs Launch Motion to Release Detained Figures in Bahrain on their 12th Anniversary of their Imprisonment
- 2023-03-29Bahrain Summons Iraqi Charge d'affaires over Breaching Diplomatic Norms
- 2023-03-29Saudi Ambassador Hosts his Iranian Counterpart to Iftar Banquet
- 2023-03-29Saudi Crown Prince, Chinese President Stress "Importance of Strategic Relations with Iran"
- 2023-03-29Bahraini Delegation to Visit Iran as Part of Diplomatic Efforts to Strengthen Relations