Appeals: Case of Two Death Convicts in Drug Case Adjourned until March 25 for Ruling
2019-02-25 - 3:51 am
Bahrain Mirror: The High Appeals Court set March 25 as a date to issue its ruling in the appeals of two death convicts and 5 others accused of forming a cell to bring in narcotics in car tires after smuggling them through King Fahd Causeway.
The first instance court had issued death sentences against the first and second suspect, life term against the third, and one-year jail term against their fourth, fifth and sixth suspects as well as 1000 BD fine. The court had also sentenced the seventh suspect to 6 months in jail.
The public prosecution accused the first defendant of acquiring on May 30, 2018, weeds aiming at trafficking them and participating through agreeing and helping other unknown to illegally bring weeds aiming at trafficking them. The prosecution accused the second and third suspects of buying, receiving and handing in weeds, aiming at illegally trafficking them.
The second and third suspects were accused of illegally brining in weeds with an aim to traffic them. The second suspect illegally sold and transferred narcotics. He also planted and acquired "hashish, tramadol and marijuana" as well as other narcotics aiming at using them.
- 2021-08-04Appeals Court Upholds 2-Year Jail Verdict against Mohammad Al-Zayani
- 2021-04-17Only 3-Year Prison Term Handed Down to Three Bahrainis who Joined ISIS
- 2021-04-16Bahraini Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison, Charged with Throwing Molotov Cocktail at Police Car
- 2021-04-09Bahrain Court Fines 5 Members of Prisoners' Families 1,000 BD Each for Violating Ban on Gatherings
- 2020-11-19Sheikh Ibrahim Al-Ansari Receives 6-Month Jail Term over Religious Lecture