Court Issues 10-Year Jail Term against 17 Suspects, Revokes them of Citizenship over Assembling in Al-Ekr
2019-02-20 - 9:30 p
Bahrain Mirror: The Fourth High Criminal Court sentenced on Tuesday (February 19, 2019) 17 suspects to 10 years in jail and revoked their citizenship over assembling in Al-Ekr.
The authorities accuse the 17 youths of assembling, burning tires and acquiring Molotov.
The court sentenced all the suspects to 10 years in jail and revoked their citizenships over the charges he was convicted with in clause 1. It sentenced the first suspect to 7 years in jail and fined him to 500 BD over the charges he was convicted with in clause 2. It also sentenced the 1st and 17th suspects to 3 years in jail and fined each of them 500 BD over the charges they were convicted with in clause 3. It also bound all the suspects to pay together 3790 BD. Besides, the court fined the first suspect 100 BD over the charges he was convicted with in clause 4 article 1 and sentenced the first suspect to 2 years in jail over the charges he was convicted with in clause 4 article 2 and ordered the confiscation of seized item.
- 2021-08-04Appeals Court Upholds 2-Year Jail Verdict against Mohammad Al-Zayani
- 2021-04-17Only 3-Year Prison Term Handed Down to Three Bahrainis who Joined ISIS
- 2021-04-16Bahraini Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison, Charged with Throwing Molotov Cocktail at Police Car
- 2021-04-09Bahrain Court Fines 5 Members of Prisoners' Families 1,000 BD Each for Violating Ban on Gatherings
- 2020-11-19Sheikh Ibrahim Al-Ansari Receives 6-Month Jail Term over Religious Lecture