Sayed Majeed Al-Mashaal Released after Serving Two and Half Year Prison Term
2019-01-29 - 8:40 p
Bahrain Mirror: The Bahraini authorities released on Monday (January 28, 2019) prominent cleric Sayed Majeed Al-Mashaal after serving two and half year prison term.
Al-Mashaal was head of Ulama Islamic Council (highest Shiite religious authority in Bahrain) before it was dissolved.
After Ayatollah Sheikh Isa Qassim was revoked of citizenship, Al-Mashaal called for an open sit-in in front of Sheikh Qassim's house. Al-Mashaal was then imprisoned for two and half years.
As soon as he was released, Al-Mashaal visited Sheikh Qassim's house, noting that he is temporarily residing in Karbala after finishing a treatment trip in London last summer.
- 2023-06-08Bahrain Stripped of FEI Endurance World Championship Title After Tribunal Decision
- 2023-06-06British MP Charged with Racially Aggravated Public Order Offence
- 2023-06-05Sheikh Al-Daihi: No One can Silence Bahraini People's Voice with Imprisonment, Torture and Killing
- 2023-06-05Friday Sermons at Imam Al-Sadiq Mosque Contains "Legal Violations", Justice Ministry Claims
- 2023-06-05Saudi Arabia Executes 3 Youths from Qatif over Fabricated Charges