MP Ali Al-Asheeri Arrested after Summons for Community Service in Place of Prison Term
2019-01-23 - 2:42 am
Bahrain Mirror: The Bahraini authorities arrested on Sunday (January 20, 2019) former MP Ali Al-Asheeri as he was checking with a police station.
He said the reason behind his arrest was completing a 6-month jail term over charges of taking part in a protest, of which he only served 3.
A court ordered last month that Al-Asheeri carries out community service work in place of one-month imprisonment, on grounds of boycotting the elections.
Lawyer Mohammad Al-Tajer stated that "the Muharraq station summoned former MP Al-Asheeri to submit paper to General Organization for Youth and Sports regarding the community service work he performed instead of one-month imprisonment over tweet case and yet was handed over to Samaheej police station to serve a prison sentence over assembly charges."
- 2023-03-24Gov't to Refer General Budget to House of Representatives on Monday: Sources
- 2023-03-24On Int'l Day for the Right to the Truth, Salam Demands Revealing Violations
- 2023-03-24US State Department on HR Conditions in Bahrain: Ongoing Torture, Discrimination against Shiites
- 2023-03-23More than 30 Lawyers File Complaints to Prosecute Citizen under Pretext of "offending them"
- 2023-03-23NPRA Employee Sentenced to One Year in Jail for Disclosing Secrets and Photos of People