MoI Says Arrest of Al-Wadaei’s Relatives not due to Kinship
2019-01-10 - 8:42 p
Bahrain Mirror: The Bahraini Ministry of Interior issued a statement responding to the Working Group on Arbitrary Detention, which criticized the arrest of Bahraini authorities, three relatives of activist Sayed Ahmed Al-Wadaei, who lives abroad, describing their detention as illegal retaliation for their family connection.
The ministry claimed that Al-Wadaei is "a terrorist fugitive who has fled the country". It said that the suspects had "committed terrorist crimes and were tried on that basis", adding that "suspects are prosecuted in accordance with their crimes and not on the basis of their or their family's personal relations with criminals."
- 2023-03-29British MPs Launch Motion to Release Detained Figures in Bahrain on their 12th Anniversary of their Imprisonment
- 2023-03-29Bahrain Summons Iraqi Charge d'affaires over Breaching Diplomatic Norms
- 2023-03-29Saudi Ambassador Hosts his Iranian Counterpart to Iftar Banquet
- 2023-03-29Saudi Crown Prince, Chinese President Stress "Importance of Strategic Relations with Iran"
- 2023-03-29Bahraini Delegation to Visit Iran as Part of Diplomatic Efforts to Strengthen Relations