Appeals: Sentences Ranging between 10 Years and Life Sentence against 14 Suspects in Political Case
2018-12-26 - 9:55 p
Bahrain Mirror: The First High Appeals Court commuted the sentence of a youth from death penalty to life sentence.
The court upheld verdicts ranging between 10 years and life sentence against 13 other appellants out of 17 suspects in the case.
The court bound two of the suspects who are sentenced to 15 years in jail to pay 1541 BD and 350 fils for the damages caused to an armored vehicle affiliated with the interior ministry.
Two of the suspects sentenced to death penalty in the case didn't appeal the verdict, because the sentence was issued against them while being outside the country.
- 2021-08-04Appeals Court Upholds 2-Year Jail Verdict against Mohammad Al-Zayani
- 2021-04-17Only 3-Year Prison Term Handed Down to Three Bahrainis who Joined ISIS
- 2021-04-16Bahraini Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison, Charged with Throwing Molotov Cocktail at Police Car
- 2021-04-09Bahrain Court Fines 5 Members of Prisoners' Families 1,000 BD Each for Violating Ban on Gatherings
- 2020-11-19Sheikh Ibrahim Al-Ansari Receives 6-Month Jail Term over Religious Lecture