Trial of Diraz Raid Detainees Adjourned until Feb. 27 for Ruling
2018-12-25 - 8:07 p
Bahrain Mirror: The First High Criminal Court in Bahrain decided to postpone the case of 171 citizens arrested by the authorities during dispersing the peaceful sit-in held outside the home of the spiritual leader of the Shiite majority in Bahrain, Ayatollah Sheikh Isa Qassim.
The court decided to postpone the case to February 27 for ruling.
The Court ordered in a previous hearing the release of 140 defendants on bail of 200 dinars, and the continued detention of 24 others.
On May 23, 2017, security forces stormed the town of Diraz and broke up a peaceful sit-in held in front of the house of Ayatollah Qassim by force. This operation resulted in the deaths of 5 citizens and 286 arrests, according to an interior ministry statement.
- 2023-06-08Bahrain Stripped of FEI Endurance World Championship Title After Tribunal Decision
- 2023-06-06British MP Charged with Racially Aggravated Public Order Offence
- 2023-06-05Sheikh Al-Daihi: No One can Silence Bahraini People's Voice with Imprisonment, Torture and Killing
- 2023-06-05Friday Sermons at Imam Al-Sadiq Mosque Contains "Legal Violations", Justice Ministry Claims
- 2023-06-05Saudi Arabia Executes 3 Youths from Qatif over Fabricated Charges