3-Year Jail Term handed down to 2 Suspects over Putting Fake Bomb in Jid Ali
2018-12-19 - 8:18 p
Bahrain Mirror: The Fourth High Criminal Court sentenced 2 suspects to 3 years in jail over charge of putting fake bomb in Jid Ali.
The Public Prosecution accused the first suspect of putting a fake bomb and accused the second of taking part with the first suspect through agreeing with him to put the fake bomb.
Human rights organizations challenge the charges raised against political detainees, since they doubt the independence of the judiciary, whose members are assigned by royal decrees, and since it issues sentences based on confessions extracted under duress and evidence presented by secret investigations and anonymous witnesses.
- 2021-08-04Appeals Court Upholds 2-Year Jail Verdict against Mohammad Al-Zayani
- 2021-04-17Only 3-Year Prison Term Handed Down to Three Bahrainis who Joined ISIS
- 2021-04-16Bahraini Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison, Charged with Throwing Molotov Cocktail at Police Car
- 2021-04-09Bahrain Court Fines 5 Members of Prisoners' Families 1,000 BD Each for Violating Ban on Gatherings
- 2020-11-19Sheikh Ibrahim Al-Ansari Receives 6-Month Jail Term over Religious Lecture