Over 25 Citizens Arrested within 3 Days, Including 12 from Ma'amir Area
2018-12-15 - 6:32 p
Bahrain Mirror: The Bahraini Ministry of Interior has been intensifying its campaign of raids since March 2011 unabatingly.
The Ministry has escalated its campaign since a few days ago, arresting about 25 citizens. On Thursday (December 13, 2018), Interior Ministry forces, in both civilian and military attire, arrested more than 12 youths from the Al-Ma'amir area. Among the apprehended were: Abbas Hassan Abbas Al-Tayf, Mohammad Ali Abbas Al-Tayf, Mohammad Sadeq Hussein Ali Ya'qoub, Qassim Hamza Sarhan, Mohammad Hassan Al-Qayyim, Murtada Ahmad Al-Sheikh Youssef, Mahmoud Ahmad Al-Sheikh Youssef, Ali Ibrahim Ahmed Al-Qayyim, Mujtaba Abdulhassein Taqi, Ali Mohammed Hamoud, Ali Adnan Al-Saeed, Yasser Hussein Eid.
The arrested are usually transferred to the infamous Criminal Investigation and Interrogation Department, but the detention facility has been unknown since the king issued a decree formally giving the National Security Agency to direct authority to arrest and interrogate early last year.
- 2023-04-01Amnesty's 2022 Annual Report: Bahrain Continues to Restrict Freedom of expression, Hold Prisoners and Torture Them
- 2023-04-01Cassation Court Hands Down One Month Jail Term to Citizen over "Insulting Public Employee"
- 2023-04-01Bahrain Buys US Weapons, Military Equipment Worth $350 Million amid High Public Debt, Taxes Hike
- 2023-03-29British MPs Launch Motion to Release Detained Figures in Bahrain on their 12th Anniversary of their Imprisonment
- 2023-03-29Bahrain Summons Iraqi Charge d'affaires over Breaching Diplomatic Norms
comments powered by Disqus