Appeals Court Rejects Challenge of Suspect Accused of Joining “Saraya Al-Ashtar”, Upholds 15-Year Jail against him, Revokes his Citizenship
2018-12-05 - 8:43 p
Bahrain Mirror: The First High Criminal Court rejected the appeals of a youth accused of joining "Saraya Al-Ashtar", upheld a 15-year jail term against him, fined him 100 BD and revoked his citizenship.
The authorities accuse the youth and another suspect (outside Bahrain) of training in camps in Iraq.
The authorities claim that the suspect trained in camps in Iraq and transferred explosives and weapons in some areas. The authorities relied on investigations carried out by an officer.
However, they had no irrefutable proof except that the suspect traveled to Iraq on January 19, 2017 and returned to Bahrain on February 3, 2017.
- 2021-08-04Appeals Court Upholds 2-Year Jail Verdict against Mohammad Al-Zayani
- 2021-04-17Only 3-Year Prison Term Handed Down to Three Bahrainis who Joined ISIS
- 2021-04-16Bahraini Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison, Charged with Throwing Molotov Cocktail at Police Car
- 2021-04-09Bahrain Court Fines 5 Members of Prisoners' Families 1,000 BD Each for Violating Ban on Gatherings
- 2020-11-19Sheikh Ibrahim Al-Ansari Receives 6-Month Jail Term over Religious Lecture