Campaign Urging to Address Australian MPs to Interfere to Halt Deportation of Hakeem Al-Araibi to Bahrain
2018-12-04 - 9:02 am
Bahrain Mirror: Activists overseas launched an appeal to address local MPs in Australia within the framework of a campaign to hinder the deportation of a Bahraini refugee residing in Australia, Hakeem Al-Araibi, from Thailand to Bahrain.
The said in an appeal on Monday that "We urgently need your support to save the Australian resident refugee, Hakeem Al-Araibi (...). We are asking the Australian Government to convince the Thai authorities to release Al-Airaibi and allow his return back home to Australia." The activists continued that "Calling and bringing this matter to your local MP, asking him to support this call for the return of Al-Araibi, can make the difference."
"We need as many Parliamentarians as possible in the lower and upper houses to hear from you and help save Al-Araibi," they added.
- 2023-03-19Bahrain Almost Ignited Crisis with Cyprus by Raising Flag of Cypriot Territory occupied by Turkey in IPU Meetings
- 2023-03-17Sarhan: Families of 138 Detained Children Complains about Delay in Applying Article 87 of Restorative Justice for Children
- 2023-03-17Bahrain Ignores Danish Delegation Request to IPU to Visit Abdulhadi Al-Khawaja
- 2023-03-17Detainee Serving Life Term Sentence Calls on Int’l Monitors to Visit Prisons
- 2023-03-17ADHRB to UN: What are Your Steps to Hold Bahrain Accountable for Spying on Dissidents?