Al-Wefaq Calls for Boycotting Second Round of Elections
2018-12-01 - 6:30 p
Bahrain Mirror: The National Islamic Al-Wefaq Society called on the people of Bahrain to boycott the second round of elections due to the massive implications of the illegitimacy of what would be the outcome of this "play" as described by Al-Wefaq.
Al-Wefaq said in a statement issued on Friday (November 30th, 2018) that "the loyal Bahraini people recorded a widespread national boycott, taking a great patriotic stand, as turnout did not exceed 30%, despite the authorities' use of various tools to terrorize and intimidate citizens to cast their votes."
Al-Wefaq hailed "the honorable and fervent national stance of the people that expressed their rejection of the authorities' policies by boycotting the sham elections in the first round."
The group further stressed on the necessity to re-emphasize "the need to boycott this electoral ‘play', to prevent the contribution to all the serious repercussions that will be result from this electoral process on the economic, livelihood, humanitarian and political levels, as it is expected that the coming days will be dark for the Bahraini citizen since the next parliament is required to pass wrong and destructive policies."
- 2023-06-06British MP Charged with Racially Aggravated Public Order Offence
- 2023-06-05Sheikh Al-Daihi: No One can Silence Bahraini People's Voice with Imprisonment, Torture and Killing
- 2023-06-05Friday Sermons at Imam Al-Sadiq Mosque Contains "Legal Violations", Justice Ministry Claims
- 2023-06-05Saudi Arabia Executes 3 Youths from Qatif over Fabricated Charges
- 2023-06-04MoI Threatens Al-Markh and Karimi Obsequies of Using Force if They Hold Events Commemorating Imam Khomeini
comments powered by Disqus