Shiite Cleric Sheikh Fadhel Al-Zaki Arrested after House Raid
2018-11-30 - 9:10 p
Bahrain Mirror: The Bahraini security authorities arrested on Friday (November 30, 2018) Shiite cleric and member of the (dissolved) Ulama Islamic Council Fadel Al-Zaki after raiding his house.
Eye witnesses said that security forces raided his house and searched it for two hours, before they arrested him and took him to an unknown place.
Al-Zaki was previously arrested over taking part in protests in the capital, Manama. He was harassed over his religious activism and his membership in the Ulama Islamic Council, the highest religious authority for Shia in Bahrain.
- 2023-03-20Abdulwahab Hussein Calls for Dedicating Day to Prisoners to be Commemorated Annually
- 2023-03-19Bahrain Almost Ignited Crisis with Cyprus by Raising Flag of Cypriot Territory occupied by Turkey in IPU Meetings
- 2023-03-17Sarhan: Families of 138 Detained Children Complains about Delay in Applying Article 87 of Restorative Justice for Children
- 2023-03-17Bahrain Ignores Danish Delegation Request to IPU to Visit Abdulhadi Al-Khawaja
- 2023-03-17Detainee Serving Life Term Sentence Calls on Int’l Monitors to Visit Prisons