Kuwaiti Housing Ministry Excludes 6 Companies, One Engineering Office from Tenders after Floods
2018-11-21 - 7:47 p
Bahrain Mirror: Minister of State for Housing Affairs and Minister of State for Services announced yesterday that one engineering office and six companies have been excluded from the Ministry's current and future tenders, Kuwait News Agency reported.
The minister said that the exclusion came following conclusion of a report by a technical team tasked with investigating the damage inflicted on the infrastructure of Sabah Al-Ahmad's area which proved presence of damage in the projects executed by those companies as a result of the recent heavy rainfall.
The agency didn't mention the names of the six companies and engineering office.
Kuwait witnessed this month a wave of bad weather and heavy rains across the country, prompting Public Works Minister Hossam Al-Roumi to resign because of the significant damage caused to properties due to rains and floods that killed one person.
- 2022-07-07Israel Reaches Record Trade Increase With Arab States Under Abraham Accords
- 2022-06-10Israeli PM Bennett Visits Abu Dhabi, Meets with UAE President
- 2022-06-10Israelis to be Allowed into Qatar for World Cup, Officials Say
- 2022-06-06Biden should not Visit Saudi, Meet Crown Prince: US Lawmaker Adam Schiff
- 2022-06-01Israel Signs UAE Free Trade Deal, Its First in Arab World