Life Term Handed down to 3 Defendants, 10 & 5 Year Terms to 2 Over “Acquiring Arms, Training in Iraq camps”
2018-11-17 - 3:14 am
Bahrain Mirror: The High Criminal Court in Bahrain sentenced on Thursday (November 15, 2018) three defendants to life imprisonment and a fourth to 10 years, while issuing a 5-year prison term against a fifth defendants in a case of possession of weapons and training in camps located in Iraq.
The Public Prosecution Office said the court ordered "punishing the first, second and fourth defendants to life imprisonment, also fining them 500 dinars, punishing the third defendant with 5 years imprisonment, and punishing the fifth defendant with 10 years imprisonment, fining him 100,000 dinars in addition to the confiscation of all seized items of all the charges raised against them."
The authorities contend that the first and third defendants received military training on the use of firearms of various kinds and the manufacture and use of IEDs in camps in Iraq in 2017, in coordination with the fourth defendant. "The first and second defendants were also found to possess firearms and explosives in various parts of the Kingdom of Bahrain, and transporting them to other persons. It was also proved that the fourth fugitive defendant, located outside the country, assigned the first and second accused with the task of attacking the police camp in Manama using firearms, as they received a Kalashnikov rifle via dead mail on 19/06/2017 and fired shots at the security men stationed near the camp for the purpose of taking their lives. It was proven that the fifth defendant, who's wanted and a fugitive outside the country, financed these acts.
- 2021-08-04Appeals Court Upholds 2-Year Jail Verdict against Mohammad Al-Zayani
- 2021-04-17Only 3-Year Prison Term Handed Down to Three Bahrainis who Joined ISIS
- 2021-04-16Bahraini Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison, Charged with Throwing Molotov Cocktail at Police Car
- 2021-04-09Bahrain Court Fines 5 Members of Prisoners' Families 1,000 BD Each for Violating Ban on Gatherings
- 2020-11-19Sheikh Ibrahim Al-Ansari Receives 6-Month Jail Term over Religious Lecture
comments powered by Disqus