3&10-Year Jail Term against Suspects Accused of Blasting Gas Cylinder near National Bank of Bahrain
2018-11-16 - 9:30 p
Bahrain Mirror: The Fourth High Criminal Court sentenced on Thursday (November 15, 2018) 3 suspects to 10 years in jail and 3 others to 3 years over assembling and blasting a gas cylinder.
Chief of Terror Crime Prosecution Ahmed Al-Hammadi said that the court sentenced the third, fourth and fifth suspects to 10 years in jail and fined them 500 BD. It also issued 3-year jail term against the first, second and sixth suspects, fined them 500 BD, bound them to pay 11000 BD for the damages and ordered the confiscation of seized items.
The authorities claim that the suspects planned to blast a gas cylinder near the gate of National Bank of Bahrain on January 17, 2017. They headed to the incident place, put a gas cylinder inside a tire, poured petroleum and set them to fire. Thus, the gas cylinder blasted, causing damages to the bank's facade and intimidating residents.
- 2021-08-04Appeals Court Upholds 2-Year Jail Verdict against Mohammad Al-Zayani
- 2021-04-17Only 3-Year Prison Term Handed Down to Three Bahrainis who Joined ISIS
- 2021-04-16Bahraini Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison, Charged with Throwing Molotov Cocktail at Police Car
- 2021-04-09Bahrain Court Fines 5 Members of Prisoners' Families 1,000 BD Each for Violating Ban on Gatherings
- 2020-11-19Sheikh Ibrahim Al-Ansari Receives 6-Month Jail Term over Religious Lecture