Kuwait Public Works Minister Resigns after Damaging Flood
2018-11-10 - 8:10 p
Bahrain Mirror- Reuters: Kuwait's Minister of Public Works, Hussam Al-Roumi, resigned on Friday following heavy rainfall that caused damaging flooding across the country, state news agency KUNA reported on Friday.
"Out of my moral responsibility ... I have submitted my resignation to the prime minister," Al-Roumi said.
The army and National Guard were mobilized to help clear water from critical facilities and roadways and the Kuwait Oil Company announced a state of emergency, KUNA reported.
No deaths or injuries were reported.
Parliament speaker Marzouq Al-Ghanim said a meeting would be held on Sunday to discuss the impact of the flooding, KUNA reported.
- 2022-07-07Israel Reaches Record Trade Increase With Arab States Under Abraham Accords
- 2022-06-10Israeli PM Bennett Visits Abu Dhabi, Meets with UAE President
- 2022-06-10Israelis to be Allowed into Qatar for World Cup, Officials Say
- 2022-06-06Biden should not Visit Saudi, Meet Crown Prince: US Lawmaker Adam Schiff
- 2022-06-01Israel Signs UAE Free Trade Deal, Its First in Arab World