Bahrain: 55 Citizens Arrested in New Campaign against Opposition ahead of Parliamentary Elections
2018-11-07 - 7:08 p
Bahrain Mirror: Human rights groups monitored the arrest of 55 citizens within 9 days only.
Bahrain Center for Human Rights had posted on its Twitter account that 49 arrest cases, including 8 children and 2 women were documented within one week, between October 29 and November 4.
Meanwhile, the security apparatuses arrested on the dawn of Tuesday (November 6) at least 6 citizens in the vast arrest and raid campaign launched by the authorities against Shiite citizens as the Parliamentary elections approach.
The arrested are usually transferred to the notorious Criminal Investigation Department to extract their confession under torture.
- 2023-04-01Amnesty's 2022 Annual Report: Bahrain Continues to Restrict Freedom of expression, Hold Prisoners and Torture Them
- 2023-04-01Cassation Court Hands Down One Month Jail Term to Citizen over "Insulting Public Employee"
- 2023-04-01Bahrain Buys US Weapons, Military Equipment Worth $350 Million amid High Public Debt, Taxes Hike
- 2023-03-29British MPs Launch Motion to Release Detained Figures in Bahrain on their 12th Anniversary of their Imprisonment
- 2023-03-29Bahrain Summons Iraqi Charge d'affaires over Breaching Diplomatic Norms