Final Death Sentence against 2 Asians over Killing their Friend and Hiding his Corpse
2018-11-06 - 8:21 p
Bahrain Mirror: Bahrain's Cassation Court rejected the appeals presented by two Asians on their death sentences after being convicted of murdering their friend and burring his corpse in a house under construction in Isa Town. The first instance and appeals court, unanimously, issued death sentences against the suspects and 10-day jail term over their illegal residency and ordered their deportation after serving their sentence.
The General Directorate of Investigation and Criminal Evidence received a notice from an Asian man stating that his brother has been absent from home. Investigations led the directorate to know that the suspects had killed him and got rid of his body. After arresting them, the suspects admitted the crime the committed and revealed the corpse place.
The first-instance court, unanimously, handed down, death sentences to the 2 suspects and 10-day jail term over their illegal residency and ordered their deportation after serving their sentence. The suspects appealed the sentence in the appeals court, however, it upheld the death sentence. They then appealed the verdict in the cassation court which overturned it and returned it to the appeals court. However, the appeals court unanimously upheld the death sentence. The ruling was then returned to the cassation court which upheld it and rejected the appeals.
- 2021-08-04Appeals Court Upholds 2-Year Jail Verdict against Mohammad Al-Zayani
- 2021-04-17Only 3-Year Prison Term Handed Down to Three Bahrainis who Joined ISIS
- 2021-04-16Bahraini Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison, Charged with Throwing Molotov Cocktail at Police Car
- 2021-04-09Bahrain Court Fines 5 Members of Prisoners' Families 1,000 BD Each for Violating Ban on Gatherings
- 2020-11-19Sheikh Ibrahim Al-Ansari Receives 6-Month Jail Term over Religious Lecture